Providing for the Cell Tower and Antenna Siting on Commonwealth Property Act; and imposing duties on the Office of Administration. The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. Short title. This act shall be known and may be cited as the Cell Tower and Antenna Siting on Commonwealth Property Act.
Section 2, Single point of contact, The Office of Administration is designated as the single point of contact for Commonwealth agencies for siting cell towers and antennas on Commonwealth property.
Section 3. Process. The Office of Administration shall develop a process to manage siting cell phone towers and antennas on Commonwealth property that shall include the following
(I) Establishing the Office of Public Safety Radio Systems or another office as a managing entity.
(2) Establishing a process to develop market-based costs for use of the cell tower.
(3) Establishing insurance and bond requirements.
(4) Being the liaison agency to work with the agency owning the Commonwealth property. This shall include reviewing requests for conformance with property owning agency's goals such as the maintenance of park vistas.
(5) Encouraging the collocation of facilities on existing towers to restrict unnecessary proliferation of towers.
(6) Requiring new towers to have the capacity for future collocation of facilities, if possible,
Section 4, Inventory. The Office of Administration, with the assistance of relevant Commonwealth agencies, shall undertake a complete inventory of cell phone towers located on Commonwealth property.
Section 5. Review, The Office of Administration shall review the leases, licenses and contracts in place with cell phone companies to ensure that lease rates are commensuxate with the locations of towers and their accompanying equipment.
Section 20. Effective date. This act shall take effect in 90 days.
REVIEW THE PROPOSED LEGISLATION (full text shown in column 1 or pdf link) AND LEAVE YOUR OPINON ON OUR MESSAGE BOARD(link below)